Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Members
COLLECT FOR CLUB MEMBERS
"Keep us, oh God, from pettiness; let us be large in thought, in word, in deed.
Let us be done with fault-finding and leave off self-seeking.
May we put away all pretense and meet each other face to face,
without self-pity and without prejudice.
May we never be hasty in judgement and always generous.
Let us take time for all things; and to grow calm, serene, gentle.
Teach us to put into action our better impulses, straightforward and unafraid.
Grant that we may realize it is the little things that create differences,
that in the big things of life we are at one.
And may we strive to touch and to know the great, common human heart of us all.
And, oh Lord God, let us not forget to be kind!"
By Mary Stewart (1904)
1. Members shall strive to abide by the Club Collect.
2. Members shall be dedicated to charitable fundraising and volunteerism for our chosen charities, benefiting women and children in Seminole County.
3. Members shall actively participate to the best of their ability in club activities, committees, and fundraising endeavors/events.
4. Members shall promote friendship, harmony and good will amongst our members and within our community; therefore, gossip or disparaging words of any kind will not be tolerated.
5. Members shall be hospitable and friendly to guests and new members, warmly welcoming them.
6. The names, addresses, and telephone numbers in the members’ directory are to be used for the sole purpose of Heathrow Women’s Club business. No member shall be allowed to use these names to solicit business, personal charities, political causes or to make other announcements unrelated to club business.
7. Members shall not solicit during any club business or social activities.
8. Members shall adhere to the luncheon reservation policy and be financially responsible to pay for untimely cancellations.
9. Heathrow Women’s Club/Heathrow Women’s Club Charities, Inc. is an all-volunteer non-profit organization which is neither political nor religious. As per our Club By-laws, during any club business or social activities, members shall refrain from making political or religious statements.
10. Members shall be “kind” in every word, action, and deed.
(Failure by any member to abide by the Code of Conduct for members shall be subject to immediately having their Club Membership revoked by a quorum vote of the Board of Directors.)
By submitting your membership application you are agreeing to the HWC/HWCC Code of Conduct included in the application.